Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
These smooth, creamy morsels of chocolate-covered peanut butter are a crowd-pleaser, no matter the occasion.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 54 mini-muffin paper cups
1. In large electric mixer bowl, beat peanut butter, margarine and sugar on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, mixing thoroughly. Portion mixture, using rounded teaspoon. Shape into balls. Place each ball in paper cup. Refrigerate.
2. Melt chocolate morsels and shortening in small saucepan, over low heat, stirring constantly. Spoon 1 teaspoon melted chocolate over each peanut butter ball. Refrigerate until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.