Chocolate Marshmallow Crisps
Marshmallows, nuts and Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal make these bar cookies an all-time favorite.
- 1 package (11.5 oz. or 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
1. In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing until well coated. Spread mixture evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate. Cut into 1 1/4-inch squares. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
In medium microwave safe bowl, heat morsels and
shortening. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring
after each minute. Follow Step 2 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.