Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Pie
A cool and buzzy ice cream pie for slow summer day.
- 1 package (6oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
1. In 2-quart saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and margarine,
stirring constantly until well-mixed and smooth. Remove from heat. Reserve
3 tablespoons mixture for topping.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal to remaining chocolate mixture.
Stir until well-coated. Arrange evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan
coated with cooking spray to form crust. Chill until firm.
3. Add corn syrup to reserved chocolate mixture, mixing well. Set aside.
4. Spread ice cream in pie shell. Drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture.
Freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Before serving set pan on hot wet towel
for a few minutes to loosen. Serve frozen.