Chocolate Cereal Bark
Pack a stack of this yummy bark in a see-through bag and tie with a ribbon--perfect for a quick gift.
PREP TIME (MIN): 10
TOTAL TIME (MIN): 40
- 1 package (11.5 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal.
2. Immediately spread hot mixture thinly on baking sheet, foil lined and coated with cooking spray. Let cool. Refrigerate until hard. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Drops - Drop level tablespoons of warm mixture onto waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm. Yield 22 drops
Bars - Spread warm mixture in 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut into 2 x 1-inch bars. Yield 32 bars