Chocolate Cereal Bark
Pack a stack of this yummy bark in a see-through bag and tie with a ribbon--perfect for a quick gift.
- 1 package (11.5 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES
2. Immediately spread hot mixture thinly on baking sheet, foil lined and coated
with cooking spray. Let cool. Refrigerate until hard. Break into bite-size pieces.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Drops - Drop level tablespoons of warm mixture onto waxed paper. Refrigerate
until firm. Yield 22 drops
Bars - Spread warm mixture in 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut into 2 x 1-inch bars. Yield 32 bars