Chewy Raspberry Streusel Bars - Rice Krispies®
Sweet, fruity and chewy bars with a Rice Krispies® cereal streusel topping.
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 can (12 oz., 1 1/4 cups) red raspberry filling
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, flour, sugar, margarine and corn syrup. Remove 1 cup mixture and set aside for topping. Press remaining cereal mixture evenly and firmly in bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and spread raspberry filling over hot crust. Sprinkle evenly with topping mixture. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into 3 x 1 1/2-inch bars.
FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD:
Place all ingredients except raspberry filling in food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process about 30 seconds or until mixture is crumbly and cereal is crushed into crumbs. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside for topping. Press remaining cereal mixture evenly and firmly in bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Continue according to step 2 above.