Cherry Fluff Pie - Rice Krispies®
It's actually the Rice Krispies® cereal crust that is the cherry on tip of this fluffy cherry pie.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup cold low-fat milk
- 1 package (5.1 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In 2-quart saucepan, cook margarine, corn syrup and chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and blended. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. With back of spoon, press cereal mixture evenly in bottom and up side of 9-inch pie pan coated with cooking spray. Chill.
2. Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Chop cherries. Set aside. Measure 1/2 cup cherry liquid, discarding remainder.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine cherry liquid, milk and pudding mix with wire whip, mixing until smooth and combined. Fold in cherries and whipped topping. Spread in chilled crust. Chill 3 hours or over night before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.