Cherry Coconut Bars
Dried cherries and coconut make these bars the perfect ending to your family's Independence Day cookout.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped, (optional)
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, well drained, chopped
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, coconut, peanuts (if desired) and cherries. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 12 bars. To serve, insert wooden stick into each. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.