All the tempting tastes of deep-fried mozzarella sticks without the fat from frying.
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese
1. Combine KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, garlic salt and oregano in pie plate or shallow bowl. Place flour in second pie plate or bowl. In third shallow container, beat egg whites and water with fork until thoroughly combined.
2. Cut cheese into 16 sticks approximately 2 3/4-inches long. Dip one stick cheese in flour, then in egg mixture, then cereal mixture. Carefully repeat dipping in egg mixture and cereal mixture to double coat completely. Place on foil lined shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Coat remaining cheese using same method.
3. Bake at 400° F about 8 minutes or until cheese is soft and sticks are lightly browned. Serve hot with pizza sauce or salsa, if desired.