Cheese and Peanut Triangles - Rice Krispies®
You won't believe how yummy this cheesy, peanut-buttery Rice Krispies Treats® sandwich can be!
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
1. In 2-quart saucepan, combine dry milk and corn syrup, mixing until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, stirring until coated. Spread mixture evenly in wax paper-lined 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Chill until firm.
2. In food processor or electric mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and margarine. Process until cheese in smooth. Cut cereal mixture in half crosswise to form 2 rectangles, 9 x 6-inches. Set aside 1/3 cup cheese mixture and spread remaining cheese on 1 of the cereal rectangles. Place second cereal rectangle on top of cheese, pressing to form a sandwich. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
3. To serve, cut cereal into 2-inch squares. Cut squares into 2 pieces to form triangles. Garnish each triangle with remaining cheese and small parsley leaf.