Caramel Teddy Bear Treats
Your kids' favorite Valentine's Day candies give each crunchy, caramel bear a cute and loveable face.
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan combine caramels and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut eight 2 1/4-inch circles, eight 1 3/4-inch circles, eight 1-inch circles and twenty-four 3/4-inch circles.
4. For each teddy bear place one 2 1/4-inch circle adjacent to one 1 3/4-inch circle. Gently press together. Halve one of the 3/4-inch circles and use for ears. Attach two 3/4-inch circles for feet. Place one 1-inch circle on the 1 3/4-inch circle for nose. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat caramels and half-and-half on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.