Caramel Teddy Bear Treats - Rice Krispies®
Your kids' favorite Valentine's Day candies give each crunchy, caramel bear a cute and loveable face.
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan combine caramels and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut eight 2 1/4-inch circles, eight 1 3/4-inch circles, eight 1-inch circles and twenty-four 3/4-inch circles.
4. For each teddy bear place one 2 1/4-inch circle adjacent to one 1 3/4-inch circle. Gently press together. Halve one of the 3/4-inch circles and use for ears. Attach two 3/4-inch circles for feet. Place one 1-inch circle on the 1 3/4-inch circle for nose. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat caramels and half-and-half on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.