Caramel Helmet Treats™
Cheering for your favorite team has never been tastier. Rally together to make these helmet shapes and decorate them with frosting to match your team's colors.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan combine caramels and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into helmet shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat caramels and half-and-half on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.