Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats® Bars - Rice Krispies®
Juicy apple, luscious caramel and yummy chocolate top these Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats® squares.
- 8 Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars
- 12 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 small apple, cored and cut into 8 sliced
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate or white chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon shortening
1. Place KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES TREATS® Original bars on wax-paper-lined baking sheet.
2. In small saucepan combine caramels, condensed milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the caramel mixture over each bar. Top with apple slices. Spread remaining caramel mixture over cut edges of apple slices.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Micro-cook on high for 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over caramel. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.