- 10 Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars (19 - large chicks, 6 – small chicks)
- 40 M&M’s® Chocolate Candies (20 yellow, 20 orange)
- 5 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6-oz. yellow candy melts
- 20 jumbo black pearl sprinkles
- 10 jumbo orange sprinkles (picked out of a multicolor pack)
- 10 candy flowers
1. Start by melting your yellow candy melts using a double burner. Don’t have a double burner? Here’s a simple workaround.
2. While the yellow candy melts are warming, open 10 Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars. Use your fingers to gently round the corners on each Treat™.
3. When the yellow candy melts are melted, dip one of the flat sides of each Treat™ in the melted candies. Using a small offset spatula, spread the melted candy out evenly and place on a cookie sheet to cool. You can speed up the cooling by placing them in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
4. After the candy-coated Treats™ are cooled, spread a second coat of the melted yellow candy melts on two of the Treats™. Add two yellow M&M’s® Chocolate Candies for wings, two orange M&M’s® for feet, two jumbo black pearl sprinkles for eyes, and a single orange jumbo sprinkle for the beak. Snip the ends off of a Kraft mini marshmallow and stick it on in the belly area, pressing it down to flatten it out. Finish it off with a candy flower in one of the upper corners.
5. I found it simplest to work in batches of two so that the candy coating didn’t cool too quickly. It needs to be melted so that the decorations are held in place as it cools. So spread a second coat on two, decorate and then repeat.