1. Open two packages of Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars.
2. Take the first Rice Krispies Treats® Original bar, round the corners on one side by cutting off the corners and then press it into a rounded shape.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips by heating for 20–30 seconds, stirring, then heating again for 20–30 seconds and stirring. Repeat until melted. (This shouldn’t take more than 60–90 seconds total.)
4. Using a butter knife or popsicle stick, spread some of the melted chocolate over the top of the first Rice Krispies Treats® Original bar.
5. Place almonds into the chocolate to “fill” your basket. I used 3–5 almonds per basket. You may need to press them into the Rice Krispies Treats® Original bar to get them to stand up. Use extra chocolate as needed.
6. Now, take the second Rice Krispies Treats® Original bar and cut it in half lengthwise so you have two long strips. Set one strip aside. Take the other and cut it in half again.
7. Take the two pieces and press the ends together to form one long piece. This will be your basket handle.
8. Put some chocolate on either end, bend the basket handle to form a half circle and attach to basket base.
9. Optional: Add whatever other candies, chocolates or goodies you wish to decorate your basket!
Meet Our Mom Blogger
Meet Our Mom Blogger Rachael loves cooking, but wants to keep things simple. With four kids, she believes life is too short to spend it all in the kitchen, but food is too yummy not to make meals taste great! So she created Eazy Peazy Mealz, where she makes things easy peasy: crockpot, freezer friendly and more.