Blackberry Lemon Coffee Cake
This sweet and tart breakfast pastry is best eaten in bed on Mother's Day morning, with a side of hugs.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup seedless, blackberry speadable fruit
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour
and sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine. Remove 1/2 cup mixture
and set aside for topping. To remaining mixture, stir in baking powder, soda
2. Beat together egg, buttermilk and lemon peel. Add to cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread 2/3 batter evenly over bottom of 9 x 1 1/2-inch
round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Evenly spread fruit over batter to
1/2 inch of pan. Dot with remaining dough and carefully spread over fruit.
(All of fruit will not be covered) Sprinkle top completely with reserved topping
3. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.