Big Batch of Treats™
Use this recipe to make enough Rice Krispies Treats® for the class party or other big events.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 packages (10 oz. each, about 160) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 16 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 24 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In stock pot or steam-jacketed kettle melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into one 26 x 18 x 1-inch sheet pan or two 18 x 13 x 1-inch half sheet pans coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.