Bathing Beauties - Rice Krispies®
Using your gingerbread man cookie cutters in the middle of summer? Why not, when you can create these cute (and tasty!) little sunbathers. Pass the sunscreen!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, 2 tbsp molasses, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Cut spiced treats with a gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter. Decorate the gingerbread treats with candy bathing suits using frosting and assorted candies.
Serve on striped paper napkins with paper umbrellas for a beachy party!
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.