Using your gingerbread man cookie cutters in the middle of summer? Why not, when you can create these cute (and tasty!) little sunbathers. Pass the sunscreen!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, 2 tbsp molasses, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Cut spiced treats with a gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter. Decorate the gingerbread treats with candy bathing suits using frosting and assorted candies.
Serve on striped paper napkins with paper umbrellas for a beachy party!
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.