Ballerina Pop Treats - Rice Krispies®
These snacks are en pointe! Any dancer worth a tutu will swoon for a recital-worthy treat.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Canned frosting
- Sanding Sugar
- Popsicle sticks or bamboo skewers
- 1 Thread of pink muffin paper
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 1-by-2½-inch rectangles.
4. Dip the tops into the melted white candy coating or canned frosting, then into pink sanding sugar.
5. Place a popsicle stick or bamboo skewer in each treat.
6. Thread a pink muffin paper onto the bottom of each.
In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow remaining steps above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.