Baked Cinnamon French Toast - Rice Krispies®
Treat your family to this fabulous French toast, made with Rice Krispies® cereal this weekend.
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 8 slices (1-inch thick) French or Italian bread (about 3- to 4-inches in diameter)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 medium bananas, sliced or 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
1. In shallow dish stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to generously coat both sides. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 450° F about 11 minutes or until light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Turn bread slices. Sprinkle with KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over cereal. Bake at 450° F about 5 minutes more or until light brown.
5. Top each slice with some banana slices. Serve with syrup.