Apple and Spice Cookies
These cookies have all kinds of cinnamon-apple goodness baked right in. They're tastiest after a full day of jumping into a giant pile of leaves.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Stir together Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal, flour, soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together brown sugar and margarine on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites, mixing until smooth. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by level tablespoon into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Press with bottom of measuring cup dipped in sugar to 2 1/4-inches in diameter.
3. Bake at 350°F about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.