Almond Bars - Rice Krispies®
Ooey and gooey with a nutty crunch, a batch of these bars will make you the star of any upcoming barbecue, block party or get-together.
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- OR 4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Stir in almond flavoring. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® or All Bran® cereal. Stir until well coated.
2. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle almonds on top (if desired). Let stand until cool. Cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch bars.