Pumpkin Head Treats™
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. To tint orange, stir in red and yellow food coloring, if desired. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.