Pineapple Surprise Bread
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, whole almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and almonds. Set
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat together egg whites, pineapple, milk,
margarine and coconut flavoring. Add to cereal mixture, stirring only until
combined. Remove 1/2 cup batter. Stir the 1 tablespoon sugar and cocoa
into the 1/2 cup batter. Set aside. Spread 1/2 of remaining plain batter evenly
in bottom of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon chocolate
batter over plain batter. Spoon remaining plain batter over chocolate and spread
to cover chocolate batter.
3. Bake at 350° F about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap
tightly in plastic wrap to store.
Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.