Holiday Candy Cottage
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 packages (10 oz. each, about 80 total) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, divided
- 8 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 12 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 12 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
2. Add 6 cups of the KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 above using remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal, except press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
5. To assemble house, place cereal mixture from 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan on foil-lined tray for base.
6. Cut the remainaing pan of cereal mixture into four 5 x 3 1/2-inch rectangles for sides and ends of house and two 8 x 3-inch rectangles for roof. With one 5 x 3 1/2-inch rectangle, laying vertical, cut off top corners at an angle to form peak of house. Repeat with second 5 x 3 1/2-inch rectangle to form back of house. (Side walls, laying horizontally, should match bottom of angle cut in height.) Place the six pieces 1-inch apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250º F about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Use spatula or knife to reshape pieces. Cool. Remove from pan.
7. Stand house front near center of base. Generously pipe frosting to attach house sides to back of house front. Use frosting to attach house back and roof pieces. Use leftover pieces of cereal mixture to make chimney and trees. Decorate house with additional frosting and candies, using frosting to attach candies to house.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
2 jars (7 oz. each) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.