Easter Basket Treats™
Your kids will love filling these teeny, tiny Easter baskets with green coconut "grass" and chocolatey "eggs."
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 9-inch-long pieces peel-apart licorice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2/3 cups canned white frosting
- 3/4 cup M&M'S® brand peanut chocolate candies
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using 1/3-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into eighteen portions. Using buttered hands firmly press sixteen of the portions into 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups. Use the remaining two portions of cereal mixture to attach licorice pieces as basket handles. Cool completely.
5. Remove baskets from muffin-pan cups. Spread about 2 teaspoons frosting in each basket. Top with tinted coconut. Arrange 3 to 4 M&M'S brand peanut chocolate candies in each basket. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.