Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispies®
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
KRISPIES cereal. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine, cream cheese, granulated
sugar and the 2 teaspoons orange peel until well combined. Stir in flour mixture.
(Dough will be stiff)
3. Portion and shape level teaspoons of dough into balls. Roll in remaining
crushed cereal to coat. Place about 2-inches apart on baking sheets lightly coated
with cooking spray. Using the bottom of measuring cup, slightly flatten each cookie.
4. Bake at 350° F about 8 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Cool completely on wire racks.
5. To make Glaze, combine powdered sugar, the 1 teaspoon orange peel and
the 3 tablespoons orange juice. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.