Cookies & Cream Zebra Treats™
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 packages (10 oz. each, about 80) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, divided
- — OR —
- 8 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 15 chocolate with white filling sandwich cookies, finely crushed(about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
2. Add KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal and cookies. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. In clean large saucepan melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add the remaining package of marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
5. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
6. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into another 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
7. Cut each pan of cereal mixture into six 10 x 2 1/2-inch strips. On cutting board layer one chocolate strip. Top with plain strip, another chocolate strip and another plain strip. Firmly press together. Cut into ten 1-inch slices. Repeat with remaining strips. Best if served the same day.
Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons of the butter and 1 package of the marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. In clean microwave-safe bowl heat remaining 3 tablespoons of the butter and remaining 1 package of the marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 5 through 7 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for each package of marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.