Caramel Teddy Bear TreatsTM
Your kids' favorite Valentine's Day candies give each crunchy, caramel bear a cute and loveable face.
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- — OR —
- fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
2. Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut eight 2 1/4-inch circles, eight 1 3/4-inch circles, eight 1-inch circles and twenty-four 3/4-inch circles.
4. For each teddy bear place one 2 1/4-inch circle adjacent to one 1 3/4-inch circle. Gently press together. Halve one of the 3/4-inch circles and use for ears. Attach two 3/4-inch circles for feet. Place one 1-inch circle on the 1 3/4-inch circle for nose. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat caramels and half-and-half on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.