Blackberry Lemon Coffee Cake
- 3 cups Rice Krispies®
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup seedless, blackberry speadable fruit
and sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine. Remove 1/2 cup mixture
and set aside for topping. To remaining mixture, stir in baking powder, soda
2. Beat together egg, buttermilk and lemon peel. Add to cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread 2/3 batter evenly over bottom of 9 x 1 1/2-inch
round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Evenly spread fruit over batter to
1/2 inch of pan. Dot with remaining dough and carefully spread over fruit.
(All of fruit will not be covered) Sprinkle top completely with reserved topping
3. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.