Almond Shortbread Wafers
The nutty, buttery flavor of these thin, tasty cookies goes great with a mug of hot chocolate and a holiday tune.
- 1 cup butter*, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup ground almonds, toasted**
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
2. On lightly floured surface roll dough, one-half at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until needed.) Cut with 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375°F about 7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Place in cake decorating bag fitted with straight tip or in plastic sandwich bag. Cut off small corner of plastic bag, if using. Pipe designs of various holiday shapes, or drizzle, over cooled cookies. Let stand until set. Store in airtight container. ***
*NOTE: Do not substitute margarine.
**NOTE: To toast nuts spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice. To grind nuts, place cooled toasted nuts in food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stop processing before mixture forms paste.
***NOTE: Do not store in the same container with other types of cookies.
These are tasty, too!
Here are a few more Rice Krispies Treats® recipes you might find yummy.
Please note that all posts will be reviewed before being visible.
This website is a place where fans can share their love for Rice Krispies® recipes. As part of our commitment to you, the fans, we’ll do our best to ensure that the postings on RiceKrispies.com are in line with our family-friendly philosophies. We expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are abusive, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of another’s intellectual property right or any law or regulation; or otherwise offensive.