As the first crisped rice cereal, Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® has been bringing families together in the kitchen for over 80 years.
To experience the timeless flavor, make your Rice Krispies Treats® squares with the original Rice Krispies® brand cereal.
1. In large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add 1 package (10 oz.) of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add 6 cups of the KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 9-inch round pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 above using remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal. Cool.
5. To assemble ship, remove cereal mixture from pans. Stack the two cereal rounds, gently pressing together. Cut 3 1/2-inch-wide strip from center of large round. Press two curved pieces together, forming oval. Place oval on serving tray. Use leftover pieces of cereal to form stern deck, cabin and railing on ship. Decorate ship with additional frosting and candies, using frosting to attach candies to ship. Use white paper to form ship mast. Attach mast to ship with bamboo skewer. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons of the butter and 1 package (10 oz.) of the marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.